Glasgow Youth Arts Hub respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data which you provide to us when you purchase goods or services through our websites and retailer portals at www.glasgowyouthartshub.org make payment to us, make an enquiry to us, visit our websites and retailer portals (regardless of where you visit them from) or otherwise. This privacy notice will also tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Glasgow Youth Arts Hub collects and processes your personal data which you provide to us when you purchase goods or services through our websites and retailer portals, make payment to us, make an enquiry to us, visit our websites and retailer portals (regardless of where you visit them from) or otherwise.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Glasgow Youth Arts Hub is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a representative who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our representative (our “Representative”) using the details set out below.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the proper supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach an supervisory authority so please contact our Representative in the first instance.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and other details of goods and services you have purchased through our websites and retailer portals.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites, retailer portals and systems.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites and retailer portals.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How is your personal data collected?
We may use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for goods or services;
- create an account with us (on our websites, retailer portals or otherwise);
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our websites and retailer portals, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting our Representative.
We will also get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Company (or our group) for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting our Representative at any time.
A cookie is a piece of information stored on your computer’s hard drive that records how you have used a website. The next time you visit that website, it can tailor your options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We would not allow any third-party service providers to us to use your personal data for their own purposes and would only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are explained in the Glossary.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Representative.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.